The project under the auspices of the Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI) aims to enhance regional cooperation and exchange knowledge between researchers from different countries in the region, as well as to strengthen through activities capacity of research organizations from the Western Balkans. This project, looking at the larger framework of transformation of the Western Balkans, will examine these strategic priorities of the Western Balkans region, by studying how the processes of democracy- and institution- building and regional cooperation contribute to the region’s transformation from a conflict zone towards a security community. For the purpose of implementation of the project the following organizations will create The Western Balkan Research Consortium;
1. Centre for Belgrade Centre for Security Policy from Serbia;
2. Analytica from Macedonia;
3. Centre for Democracy and Human Rights from Montenegro;
4. Centre for Security Studies from Bosnia and Herzegovina;
5. Institute for International Relations from Croatia;
6. Institute for Democracy and Mediation from Albania and
7. Kosovar Centre for Security Studies from Kosovo.